Computer Hardware Technician
This opportunity, with an established technology leader in the Tuscaloosa area, is for an experienced computer technician with working knowledge in systems/network/server administration (Certifications a plus). Responsible for support of both internal staff & vertical market hardware products for both new installations and existing clients.
- High School Diploma (or GED) required.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software applications troubleshooting and repair.
- Technical skills (setup/installation/repair of computer hardware and peripherals).
- Stay technically abreast of all products and services, as well as troubleshooting methods.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the TCP/IP work environment required.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and Access.
- Customer service and problem resolution skills since client support are provided both in-person and through electronic communications (email, phone, online, etc). A self-starter with a demonstrated ability to assume ownership of customer inquiries received and attention to detail; to identify and resolve end user issues at the lowest level possible.
- Strong communication skill set and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Must be reliable and have the ability to lift up to 75lbs.
- Good driving record, dependable transportation, valid driver license, and insurance coverage.
- Willing to relocate to the West Alabama area.
- Frequent daytime travel & occasional overnight travel to client locations is expected.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Associates Degree in technology field preferred.
- APlus Certification preferred.
- Experience with SQL databases a plus.
Salary is based on experience with a comprehensive benefits package available.
Please limit responses to online submittals of cover letter and resume only, no walk-ins or phone calls.
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter using this Button.
Please include your salary history and at least three professional references.