Sales Support Specialist
Description: Undertakes administrative job duties as it pertains to the sales department. Utilizes skills to make certain that all salespeople have the proper resources to do their job. Meets with the sales team to make new plans regarding sales, market growth and in identification and delivery of efficiencies. Must be a highly organized and efficient professional who is detail oriented and can multi-task while prioritizing the most important tasks on his/her list. Previous sales support experience is not required. However, prior administrative, clerical and customer service experience will be enormously helpful in ensuring a candidate’s success in this position. Strong communication skill set and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team a necessity.
Duties: Duties will be dynamically adjusted as needed and initially include, but are not limited to the following:
- Handle routine sales coordination tasks as assigned
- Maintain a list of sales targets
- Generate and maintain reports for sales & leadership
- Prepare end of the monthly sales reports
- Coordinate conference paperwork, reservations, and calendar
- Targeted market follow up as assigned
- Coordinate conference & meeting calendars
- Maintain competitor files and updated profiles
- Resource needed information & gather materials for sales meetings
- Maintain give-aways under supervision (order/inventory/recommend)
- Field inbound sales calls and channel properly
- Make outbound sales calls under the specific direction and using scripts as needed
- Maintain marketing materials & create as needed
- Implement marketing campaigns
- Enter lead information into SalesForce.com
- Attend conferences as needed
- Prospect for clients via email or telephone under the direction
- Prepare small quotes (e., hardware/software) for existing customers and with outside sales oversight
- Maintain/monitor yearly contracts for renewal
- Act as sales liaison for quotes, contracts, mail, Etc.
- Interact effectively with Syscon team on RFP response development and delivery
- Attend Syscon internal meetings and relay a summary of same to field sales
- Other related duties as assigned
Travel: Operate in Syscon home office with some overnight travel required. Candidate must possess a good driving record, dependable transportation, valid driver license and auto insurance coverage.
Prior Experience Desired:
- Work experience and knowledge of the organization and operation of courts and law enforcement agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Marketing, Business Administration or Criminal Justice. Degrees in other fields of study will be considered.
- Prior leadership and project management experience in this market providing end-user support of internal and external customer base.
Software Skills Required: This position requires proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher & OneNote. Further proficiency is required in SalesForce.com, the CRM tool of choice by this organization. While SalesForce.com is new to the team, this candidate will need to proactively and quickly utilize the available training tools to attain proficiency with this software. This position also requires a general knowledge of e-mail (Outlook or Thunderbird), Google Calendar, GoGlobal, Syscon Service, Adobe Acrobat Reader, and DropBox.
Salary is based on experience with a comprehensive benefits package available.
Please limit responses to online submittals of cover letter and resume only, no walk-ins or phone calls.
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter using this Button.
Please include your salary history and at least three professional references.