Software Training & Support Analyst and Programmer/Software Developer
Syscon is seeking an individual for Software Training & Support who is also trained and experienced in programming and software development. This position initially includes providing training and product support for existing and new clients while developing an understanding of the functionality of Syscon software products. In addition, programming and development opportunities exist to be involved in the continued development of state-of-the-art court management systems and other products as you become familiar with the products. Works with other team members, clients, and various other entities to identify/clarify needs and proposed solutions for training and support needs as well as programming developments related to software products.
- Customer service and training skills since client support is provided both in-person and through electronic communications (email, phone, online, etc.). A self-starter with a demonstrated ability to assume ownership of customer inquiries received and attention to detail; to identify and resolve end user issues at the lowest level possible and handle end-user training on our solutions.
- Strong communication skill set and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Some overnight travel is expected.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 1+ years of coding in a high-level programming language. Current Syscon stack is:
Windows desktop: PowerBuilder, Delphi, C++.
Linux server: PHP, Python.
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server.
- 1+ years of programmatic database access and manipulation (Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL) as well as demonstrable ability in SQL queries.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and Access.
- Basic accounting and project management skills.
- Work experience and/or knowledge of the organization and operation of courts and law enforcement agencies.
- Prior leadership and/or project management experience in this market providing end-user support of software products with the ability to handle training in the use of software in person, over the phone and via remote direct support.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science with an emphasis on programming or some other related field of study preferred. Master’s Degree and/or applicable industry experience a PLUS.
- Knowledge of court systems and/or prior experience a PLUS (Criminal, Probate, Civil, Municipal, etc.).
- Experience with document management systems (desktop or client/server).
- Knowledge/experience with Linux based servers and related operating system software.
- Experience with and/or ability to learn Syscon stack technologies.
- QA/testing experience, especially automated testing, is a PLUS.
- Experience creating or using open source code is a PLUS.
- Knowledge of Git source control is a PLUS.
- Web designer experience is a PLUS.
The salary is based on experience with a comprehensive benefits package available.
Please limit responses to online submittals of cover letter and resume only, no walk-ins or phone calls.
Please note that all positions are in-house at the Syscon Office, no remote work.
Please include your salary history and at least three professional references.